Tuesday, December 24, 2013

San Francisco: Lunch at Mocca Cafe

Pin It Now!

This year, my dad and I decided to skip the whole cold wintery Christmas and head west for a food and wine-filled San Francisco holiday. 

To try out something new, I am going to be live blogging all of the foodie adventures I have on the trip. 

I arrived at 10am this morning, a few hours before my dad, checked into my hotel near Union Square and started to wander. I followed the recommendation of my mom, and sought out a little cafe right off Union Square on Maiden Lane, called Mocca Cafe. I'm trying out this whole live blogging thing as I sit here enjoying it. 


As an introduction to the SF food scene this place is fantastic. My only disappointment is that the seafood salad had mussels in it, and I am allergic! But it looks absolutely amazing. 


Not to worry, I got the veggie sandwich with roasted eggplant, tomato and portobello mushrooms on a crusty baguette. 

The vegetables are lightly coated in a delicious herb marinade and and fall apart at the lightest bite. 

The sides all also look amazing.  Since I couldn't resist, I also got a side of avocado with a little tomato salad inside. I am California (foodie) dreaming already! 

We are headed to Perbacco for dinner tonight so check back later for the review! 

Merry Christmas Eve to all those celebrating! 

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers! After you submit a comment it will come to us for approval. We like to keep things clean and fun! So if you don't see it right away, don't worry, it will pop up soon.